All permit applications must be completed and delivered to the Hopewell Township Zoning Officer prior to taking any action. For a full listing of Planning and Zoning documents view the Online Documents and Forms page.
When a Permit is Required
Any owner or authorized agent who intends to construct, enlarge, alter, repair, remove, convert, or replace any electrical, gas, mechanical, or plumbing system, the installation of which is regulated by this code, or cause any such work to be done, shall first apply for a building permit and obtain the required permit. View the Construction Permit Application and Instructions (PDF).
Residential Building Permit Guidelines
Building Permit requirements and procedures for new home, home additions, attached garages and detached garages (greater than 1,000 square feet).
A Permit is required to construct any of the following:
- Any electrical, plumbing or mechanical new installation in a residential structure
- Any structural work within a residential structure
- Attached or integral garages
- Detached garages greater than 1,000 square feet
- Home additions
- New single family dwelling, duplex, or townhouse building
For more information view the Building Permit Guideline (PDF) document.
Building Permit Required Forms
All forms must be filled out and returned to the zoning officer to obtain a building permit. For additional information view the Building Permit Required Forms (PDF) document.
Shed, Deck, Fence & Accessory Structure Zoning Permit
A zoning permit is required for all new building/structures within Hopewell Township that are exempt from the statewide building code, including:
- Decks (less than thirty inches above grade)
- Greenhouses and similar structures
- Sheds and detached garages (under 1,000 square feet)
For more information view the document, Shed, Deck, Fence, and Accessory Structure Zoning Permit Application (PDF).
Rental Property Owners
In accordance with Hopewell Township Ordinance Number 74-11, all rental property owners are required to report occupants of rental dwellings within the Township (as well as when the renter vacates the property). Failure to report the information to the Township in a timely manner could result in a fine. Contact the Township office should you have any questions or concerns.
Auction, Yard, Garage or Home Sale
A permit is required (no fee) for any auction, yard, garage or home sale. Note: You must remove all yard/garage sale signs from all locations no later than 24 hours after the sale has ended, for more information view the Yard Sale Permit Application (PDF).
Planning & Zoning Permits and Applications
- Application for Appeal to Zoning Hearing Board (PDF)
- Building Code Appeal Application (PDF)
- Building Permit Guideline (PDF)
- Building Permit Required Forms (PDF)
- Commercial Plan Review Submittal Form (PDF)
- Conditional Use Application (PDF)
- Construction Permit Application and Instructions (PDF)
- Fireworks Display Application (PDF)
- Grading Permit Ordinance Application (PDF)
- Irrevocable Standby Letter of Credit Instructions and Application (PDF)
- Logging Timbering Application (PDF)
- Occupancy Permit Application (PDF)
- Ordinance 79-6 Grading and Filling (PDF)
- Ordinance 79-6 Grading and Filling Permit Application (PDF)
- Pennsylvania One Call Information (PDF)
- Performance Bond Instructions and Application (PDF)
- Planning Application and Checklist Form (PDF)
- Recent Zoning Amendments (PDF)
- Road Bond Application for hauling over 8 Tons (PDF)
- Sewage Facilities Planning Module Application Mailer (PDF)
- Shed, Deck, Fence, and Accessory Structure Zoning Permit Application (PDF)
- Solicitors Application Ordinance (PDF)
- Stormwater Management Ordinance (PDF)
- Street Opening Ordinance (PDF)
- Street Opening Permit (PDF)
- Subdivision and Land Development Application (PDF)
- Subdivision Ordinance (PDF)
- Swimming Pool Guidelines (PDF)
- Temporary Portable Storage Units (PDF)
- Timber Harvest Ordinance (PDF)
- Yard Sale Permit Application (PDF)
- Zoning Map (PDF)
- Zoning Officer Report (PDF)
- Zoning Ordinance 2004-01 Part 1 of 2 (PDF)
- Zoning Ordinance 2004-01 Part 2 of 2 (PDF)
- Zoning Ordinance Amendment Application (PDF)