TOWNSHIP OF HOPEWELL
SEWER DEPARTMENT LABORER
The Board of Commissioners of Hopewell Township, Beaver County, has an immediate opening for a Public Works (Sewer Department) Laborer. This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits requiring flexible hours which may include evenings, weekends, and statutory holidays.
Possession of or ability to acquire a PA Class E Wastewater Subclass 4 Wastewater Collections System Certification is required within one (1) year of full-time hire. The applicant must comply with all continuing education requirements associated with his/her Wastewater Operational License.
The Applicant shall demonstrate basic knowledge and ability to perform/operate the following as appropriate and as applicable to the Sewer Department:
• Basic housekeeping tasks including but not limited to: cleaning buildings, cleaning wastewater pumping stations, cleaning yard areas, emptying trash, replacing light bulbs, organizing and stocking supplies, snow shoveling and de-icing walkways and parking areas, painting, etc.
• Operation of Snow Plow and De-Icing Equipment;
• Installation, Repair, and Maintenance of Sanitary Sewers, Manholes, and Sewer Laterals;
• Hose and skim wastewater treatment tanks; change chlorine cylinders; scrub clarifiers; cleaning of various wastewater treatment tanks;
• Wash, Wax, and Maintain Vehicles;
• Concrete Repair Work and Installation of New Concrete;
• Grass Mowing, Weed Control, and Grounds Maintenance;
• Chain Saw Tree Work, Tree Pruning and Chipper Operation;
• Excavation Work; Grading; and Hand Raking;
• Material Hauling/Trucking;
• Compacting Trenches and Excavations;
• Gravel and Aggregate Installation;
• Operate a Variety of Trucks for the Removal of Debris and Hauling Materials;
• Loading and Unloading Trucks;
• Install Sign Posts, Signs, and Traffic Control Devices;
• Operate Moderate Construction Equipment, including but not limited to Mowers, Snowplows, Tractors, Weed Wackers etc.
• Maintain and operate various equipment as required including cleaning, greasing, washing, and reporting to the Department Supervisor any maintenance requirements.
• Use of hand tools and power tools;
• Perform Physical Labor as a Specific Job Requires;
• Assist all Other Positions and Perform Related Duties as Assigned by the Department Supervisor or Management.
Salary will be in accordance to experience and the Collective Bargaining Agreement in effect at the time of hire. Only those persons selected for an interview will be contacted.
The successful Applicant will be required to undergo a physical examination, drug screening, and Criminal History Check. Applicant must be reliable and flexible.
Applications will be accepted until Friday, June 3rd, 2022. Please send Application to:
Attention: Human Resources
1700 Clark Boulevard
Aliquippa, PA 15001
or submit resumes via email to:
Hopewell Township Employees are required to reside within a five (5) mile radius of Hopewell Township within one (1) year of hire date. Hopewell Township is an Equal Opportunity Employer.