Garbage is collected every Monday through Friday in Hopewell Township by Waste Management. Your collection day depends on which street you reside on, see the pick-up schedule below for your collection day. Please place your garbage at your curb anytime after 6 p.m. on Sunday. If the garbage collection day falls on a holiday then the garbage collection will be the next day. Waste Management can be reached at 800-866-4460.
Residents are not permitted to place any construction materials in their normal garbage pick-up. Construction materials are to be taken to the Hopewell Township’s depository.
Using the Depository
There is a mandatory annual fee of $20 for use of the depository by any township resident. Any township resident wishing to use the depository must personally go to the municipal building annually to obtain a photo identification card. This card must be renewed at the beginning of each calendar year. This card must be presented at the gate each time a resident enters the depository to deposit yard waste or construction material.
Residents who are 65 years of age or older are exempt from the $20 annual fee but must obtain a one-time photo identification which will reflect their exemption and which will not require annual renewal. No person will be permitted to enter the depository without a township photo identification card. The township retains the right to suspend, terminate, or revoke depository privileges at any time.
Permits can be obtained at the municipal building Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm except on Holidays. If you are unable to make it to the municipal building during regular business hours, depository badges will be available one time only on Monday, April 23rd, 7pm to 8pm.
Contractor materials will incur additional charges. View construction material fees (PDF).
Rules & Regulations
- Stop at the attendant’s booth before entering the depository.
- Speed limit on premises is 5mph. Please adhere to all posted signs.
- No commercial vehicles permitted.
- No paint, tires, batteries or flammable liquids.
- No refrigerators, electronics and air conditioners will be accepted.
- Concrete products, dirt and gravel: Will be accepted.
- Compost: grass, shrubs, bushes and tree branches up to 4 inches in diameter are accepted free of charge.
- Logs: Up to 10 inches in diameter, cut to maximum of four feet length will be accepted.
- Plastic bags are not permitted and must be emptied and taken from the premises.
Your cooperation and effort to maintain a clean site is appreciated.