Hopewell Township Community Park encompasses 78 acres of primarily undeveloped woodlands, fields, and wetlands. Purchased in 1967, all recreation for the community is centralized at this site and is coordinated through the efforts of the Hopewell Park Board and Recreation Coordinator, under the auspices of the Board of Commissioners. The park features open spaces, wooded nature trails, a Nature Center for special events, picnic tables, pavilions, a two-acre spring-fed lake, a handicap-accessible fishing pier, and paddle boat rentals (advance notice required).
Hopewell Township Community Park features a two-acre spring-fed stocked lake, four pavilions, five hiking/fitness trails (2.35 miles), camping areas (for authorized groups only), a concession stand (open for special events only), a handicap-accessible fishing pier, the Larry Blaney Nature Center, picnic areas, a playground, and restroom facilities, all financed under the auspices of the Hopewell Township Board of Commissioners.
Scheduled activities include an Easter Egg Hunt in April, a Fishing Derby in May, Camp Lakewood, Park Fest in July, a Labor Day Car Cruise, BBQ and Chili Cook-Off and Blues Fest in September, Fall Fest in October, and Visit with Santa in December.
Volunteers for community events are encouraged to apply.
Camp Lakewood runs for eight weeks during the summer, allowing parents to choose which works best for their schedules.
Address and Hours
2500 Laird Drive, Aliquippa, PA 15001
Normal Hours: 8 am to 10 pm, Winter Hours- 8 am until dusk.
Larry Blaney Nature Center
The Nature Center includes a concession area and can accommodate up to 32 people for group events.
Click here to view a map of the park.
Pavilion Rental Kick-off Day is always held on President’s Day, beginning at 8am at the Hopewell Township Municipal Building. Hopewell residents have priority for the first week, then rentals are open to everyone. You must provide proof of residency at the time of rental.
Hopewell Community Park has five pavilions available. Pavilion locations and occupancy limits are listed below:
Pavilion 1: This pavilion is located at the entrance to the park. The occupancy limit is 120 people.
Pavilion 2: this pavilion is located near the playground. The occupancy limit for this pavilion is 72 people.
Pavilion 3: This pavilion is located behind the Nature Center. The occupancy limit for this pavilion is 120 people.
Pavilion 4: This pavilion is located on the far side of the lake. The occupancy limit for this pavilion is 104 people.
Pavilion 5: This pavilion is located near Shadow Lakes. The occupancy limit for this pavilion is 20 people.
Click here to view current pavilion rental rates.
Address and Directions
Follow Route 376 West, exit at the Hopewell ramp. Bear right onto Route 151 Gringo Road. Route 376 East, exit the Hopewell ramp and turn left onto Route 151 Gringo Road. Travel East past the Hopewell Industrial Park. Approximately one-mile turn left onto Kane Road. Travel Kane Road past the former Kane Road drive-in theater. Turn right at the next street, Laird Drive. Hopewell Park is on the right side. Enjoy!
Click here to view a detailed map and directions on Google.
Parks and Recreation
Hopewell Community Park is the hub of all recreation in Hopewell Township. Purchased in 1967, the 78 acres of woodlands, fields, and wetlands mainly were developed through the efforts of Hopewell High School’s Conservation Club, under the direction of Larry Blaney. With the support of Hopewell Township’s Board of Commissioners, recreation activities are centralized at the park through the efforts of the Hopewell Township park board and the recreation director. A perfect setting to satisfy all outdoor explorers with the park’s nature-filled trails, easily accessible lake for fishing, and activities galore for children.
Summers are filled with eight weeks of Camp Lakewood, allowing parents to choose which works best for their schedules. Let’s not forget about our extremely popular special events at the park. Hopewell Community Park’s events are designed for kids, “from one – 92”, from bunnies, to fish, to community togetherness, to car cruising, to BBQ & Blues, to hayrides, to Santa … Hopewell Community Park has it all!
- Spring Fest (Saturday, April 1, 2023 – 11am to 2pm)
- Earth Day Extravaganza (Saturday, April 22, 2023 – 8:30am to 12:30pm)
- Youth Fishing Derby (Saturday, May 6, 2023 – 8am to 12pm)
- Adult Fishing Week (Sunday, May 7, 2023 – 7am to 11am)
- Park Fest/Hopewell Community Day (Saturday, July 8, 2023 – 3pm to 9:30pm)
- Cruisin’ in the Park (Monday, September 4, 2023 – 12pm to 4pm)
- BBQ And Blues Fest (Saturday, September 9, 2023 – 12pm to 8pm)
- Fall Fest (Saturday, October 14, 2023 – 10am to 2pm)
- Light-up Hopewell / Holiday Express (Saturday, December 2, 2023 – 4pm to 7pm)
- Fly Fishing 101 (Thursday, March 2, 9, 16, and 23, 2023 – 6pm to 8pm)
- Yoga in the Park (Thursdays, June 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 and July 6, 13, 20, 2023- 6:30pm)
- Movies in the Park (Thursdays at 8:30pm)
June 8, 2023: Lightyear
July 13, 2023: Top Gun Maverick
August 3, 2023 Minions The RIse of Gru
- Concerts in the Park
- Couch Potato Jam
- The Jagerz (Saturday, July 29, 2023 – 7pm to 9pm)
- Carl Wagner, Park Supervisor email@example.com
- Brad Batchelor, Recreation Director firstname.lastname@example.org 724-462-6236
- Derek Merendo, Park Grounds Supervisor
The Hopewell Township Park Board meets at 6:00 pm on the first Tuesday of each month. Members of the Board include:
- Brad Batchelor, Recreation Director
- Janice Gibson, President
- John Keck, Vice President
- Isaac Jones/Jodi Janicki, Caretakers
- Janet Meyers
- Jack Owens
- Thomas King
- Don Wright
The Hopewell Township Park Board facilitates the planning, upkeep, and improvement of several Township amenities … most notably Hopewell Township Community Park.
Documents and Forms
- Hopewell Community Park Map (PDF)
- Hopewell Community Park Rules (PDF)
- Pavilion Information (PDF)
- Rental Fees (PDF)
- Seasonal (Recreational Staff) Employment Application (PDF)
- Seasonal Job Application (PDF)
- Volunteer Service Application (PDF)
- Volunteer Waiver Form (PDF)
- Child Abuse History Clearance Form (PDF)