Attention developers, retailers, businesses and all other interested parties, did you know that Carnegie Mellon University (CMU) recognized Hopewell Township as one of the top four models and sites to transform the area in and around the Pittsburgh International Airport?
Based on its analysis of southwestern Pennsylvania, CMU predicted four sites would advance the implementation of an ‘Aerotropolis’ development concept for the Pittsburgh International Airport, and Hopewell Township – the Gateway to Beaver County – will play a large role. An Aerotropolis, as defined by author John D. Kasarda, is ‘a new urban form placing airports in the center with cities growing around them, connecting workers, suppliers, executives, and goods to the global marketplace.’
Click here to download the Hopewell Township Marketing Kit.
Hopewell Township Market Assessments
Along the Route 60 corridor, 26 properties are available for development. Current zoning designations of these lands vary, but are predominately Residential-Agricultural (R-1). In addition, there are eight undeveloped industrial properties available, such as 46 Acres – Special Growth District, 13.9 Acres – Special Growth District, 97.5 Acres – Laural Road, Industrial Park District, 107 Acres – Industrial Park Zoning, 10 Acres – Industrial District, Riverfront Industrial District, Hopewell Business and Industrial Park – Commerce Way Phase III.
- Special Growth District (46 acres)
- Special Growth District (13.9 acres)
- Laurel Road Industrial Park District (97.5 acres)
- Industrial Park Zoning (107 acres)
- Industrial District (10 acres)
- Riverfront Industrial District
- Hopewell Business and Industrial Park – Commerce Way Phase III
Click here to download a comprehensive market assessment prepared for Hopewell Township in 2013 (PDF).
Click here to download Part 1 of 2 of a market assessment performed by DDG Inc. in 2005 (PDF).
Click here to download Part 2 of 2 of a market assessment performed by DDG Inc. in 2005 (PDF).
Digital Mapping Products
Part 1 of 2: Maps 1 through 9 include a Parcel Level Base Map, Map Sheet Index (County Assessment Sheets), Topography, Steep Sloped Areas, Floodplains, Sanitary Sewer System, Water Distribution System, Soil Types, Building Suitability.
Click here to download Maps 1 – 9 (PDF)
Part 2 of 2: Maps 10 through 13 include On-Lot Septic Suitability, Current Land Use (Zoning), Proposed Land Use, Prime Development Sites.
Click here to download Maps 10 – 13 (PDF)
Building Permit Forms
• New Business Registration Form
• Logging & Timbering Application
• Zoning Ordinance Amendment Application
• Occupancy Permit Application(Business)
• Subdivision & Land Development Application
• Subdivision and Land Development Permit Application
• Temporary Portable Storage Unit Permit
• Shed/Deck/Fence/Accessory Structure Zoning Permit Application
• Grading Permit Ordinance Application
• Construction Permit Application