Skip to content Skip to main navigation Skip to footer

Reporting a Pothole

Potholes develop when water seeps below the road through small cracks in the pavement surface. As the water repeatedly freezes and thaws, a cavity below the road is formed and larger cracks develop, causing the pavement to crumble.

To report a pothole on a state road, please call 1-800-FIX-ROAD (1-800-349-7623). To report potholes on locally maintained roads, please contact the Hopewell Township Road Department at 724-378-1215. State Roads in Hopewell Township include:

  • Brodhead Road
  • Golf Course Road
  • Gringo Road Mill Street
  • Gringo Independence Road
  • Green Garden Road
  • Heights Road
  • Independence Road
  • Kane Road
  • Laurel Road (Route 151)
  • Monaca Road
  • Service Creek Road
  • Todd Avenue

The 1-800-FIX-ROAD hotline should not be used to report traffic accidents, disabled vehicles or other emergencies. Motorists are encouraged to continue to call 911 to report those incidents.